Favorite basketball player

Thursday, January 26, 2012

What players did during the lockout?

Hello guys, yes it's the iAfrican blogger again doing big things. With my high school exams coming in shortly, have finally decided to put my foot to the medal with my blogs. I've decided to do things a little different though..( oh yeahh *Austin power voice) but anyways, I figured why not make these blogs a little more fun for those who are not that interested In basketball ( the girls in my 12U English class..Shame on you!) Well this is the plan instead of talking about what happens inside the NBA, I will think outside the box…yes ill talk about what happens outside the NBA with some of our favourite players in the NBA. This blog will include many pictures yay!

Since the NBA lockout went into effect July 1, the players have found plenty of ways to keep themselves busy and out of trouble.. Well for most of them. Some even developed talents they never knew they had in them -- and very few included basketball.
I’m going to start off with the Minnesota Timberwolves all star, Kevin love who got a little sandy this summer.. Did I say sandy? Yes Kevin has been spending his time playing beach volleyball in the Manhattan Beach open. Kevin is sure using that height to his advantage. According to sport illustrated, Kevin holds an amazing record of 1-0 



Up next we have Kris Humphries of the New Jersey Nets, who got married to Kim Kardashian during the lockout. Kris went all out with his lavish 17$ million wedding to Kim. (Don’t do that she will play you!) but unfortunately 72 days after the marriage, Kim signed the divorce papers ( Didn’t I tell you she would play you Kris!) and did I mention they divorced after only 72 days! Some say it’s the attention Kris was looking for, but others say a Kardashian will always be a Kardashian, only if he had known…
Love at first sight? nahhh
My favourite one, have you guys heard the tim where a player legally changed his name to Metta Worldpeace ( did I just say that?! ) this is one of those *LMAO* moments.  Yes Ron Artest of the Los Angeles Lakers seemed to be very bored this summer, so he woke up one morning and decided he should change his name to something a little uhm…creative? Yes that would be the perfect word. His teammates did not find it weird at all, after all Ron has always been known for his sometimes eccentric and outspoken behaviour. 





2 comments:

  1. HAHAHAHA Metta WorldPeace? That's hilarious, what's the point lol. Also three days with Kim Kardashian sounds pretty good to me.. just saying. I mean that's a lot of money for a women but still it's KIM KARDASHIAN!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea that wedding was nearly all paid for by the people that recorded it! That must of been one of the dumbest relationships, I heard it was because Kris wasn't doing anything really, with the lockout he was just bumming around and she didn't like that ... But still overall DUMB! :) and yea I can't take Artest seriously anymore either ... Especially when he gets involved in a physical play it's like " world peace just got very angry " like ... Really ? Hahaha

    ReplyDelete